Monday, January 2, 2017

2017 Devotional Word #1: SURRENDER

So I decided to make a brief devotional post every week this year. 52 weeks. 52 words of challenge and encouragement for the Christian life. So let's get started…

SURRENDER
I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I now live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me.” ~ Galatians‬ ‭2:20‬

The concept of surrender is a once for all thing as well as a daily thing. Giving my life up to follow Christ begins with surrender and should continue to be a daily dying to self. God has a much better life for me than I could ever pursue or achieve on my own. This is a call to bow my heart and will to His each and every moment. I am loved. I am His. Now to walk by faith in Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment