Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Sure Foundation?!

Life for most of us is up and down, good and bad, easy and hard, here and there... changing from day to day. There are days that I get overwhelmed with all that's on my schedule and mind. I am so grateful for a loving and supportive wife and for carefree kids who love me for me no matter what kind of day I'm having. Most of all, I'm thankful for Jesus who is the only sure foundation of my life.

Reading this morning in the Bible and spending some time in thought and prayer, I had to focus my heart and mind on the promises and challenges of God. I needed reminding to simply rely upon God for life and daily strength. Simply put... FAITH. Years ago, I first read where someone said "faith" could stand for "Forsaking All I Trust Him!" Trusting completely in the Lord. Relying upon Him alone.  Standing on His sure foundation in the midst of the storms and inconsistencies of this life. Ignoring, at times, what I feel and experience with my senses.

The opposite of faith is FEAR. Fear of the unknown. Fear of failure. Fear of outside challenges or difficulties. For so many people, daily fear is the norm. Many may say, "I don't live in fear," but when it comes down to it, NOT living by faith trusting God IS living by fear. This life is marked by doubt, worry, and unnecessary stress.

I'm not sure where you are at the moment you read this... not the location such as Kings Mountain, Charlotte, Washington D.C., wherever, but where your heart is! Are you growing tired of wrestling with the challenges of life or trying to balance all of your responsibilities? Every moment living in a state of inconsistency and uncertainty?! Give up! You will never win this battle. The bible speaks of the power and impact that simple surrender will have upon your life. Philippians 4 speaks about the things we should focus our thoughts on and also the role prayer has on your life as you trust God for His peace and presence daily.

"For God has not given us a spirit of fearfulness,
but one of power, love, and sound judgment." 
~ 2 Timothy 1:7 ~

Everything in our world and culture longs to influence you to act, react, buy and choose according to trends, opinions, feelings, etc. Live each and every moment trusting God by faith. Make every personal and public decision in a way that honors God and gives Him glory. Stand on the only sure foundation - Jesus!

"Oh, taste and see that the Lord is good!
Blessed is the man who takes refuge in Him!" 
~ Psalm 34:8 ~




No comments:

Post a Comment