Monday, November 4, 2013

HIS

I have so many things running through my heart and mind since setting foot back on US soil after an amazing trip visiting some brothers and sisters in India. I'll give you a brief glimpse today…

His.

I am His. 

Simply put, I need the constant reminder that I am His. According to the truth of the Scriptures, I am the faith-child of the Most High God. God gives us the right to become His children - John 1:12-13.

I love all the Toy Story movies. Though on the surface it may seem as if these movies are cute stories of toys and their interaction with each other and a challenging world, these movies are about identity. I love the focus on belonging and the correlation to peace, life, joy and contentment. These toys (it's written on the bottom of their feet) belong to "ANDY" and for each of them that means everything!!! 

We all just want to belong. We want to belong to something greater than ourselves because we all know our true selves fall short ALL the time. So many people are chasing after all the wrong things to bring them contentment and fulfillment - relationships with others, the bling of the world, checking ritualistic and empty religious boxes. 

So much of the person I am TODAY depends on my identity… not just the fact and truth of my identity, but my identity realized and lived out. How many times have I struggled or lost focus each time simply forgetting not who I am, but whose I am.

I have a heavenly Father who sacrificially loves me and offers His daily provisions for me. As a Father, I hope and pray each of my children come to appreciate and truly understand my love for them. How much greater is God's love and watch care for me?

I prayed this morning for God to reinforce in my spirit and life that "I am His." Simple, yet profound! Are you struggling? Discouraged? Hurt? Lost? Run to the only One who can save you! Run away from the things that have failed your whole life to truly satisfy your soul. 

His.

"So don’t be ashamed of the testimony about our Lord, or of me His prisoner. Instead, share in suffering for the gospel, relying on the power of God. He has saved us and called us with a holy calling, not according to our works, but according to His own purpose and grace, which was given to us in Christ Jesus before time began. This has now been made evident through the appearing of our Savior Christ Jesus, who has abolished death and has brought life and immortality to light through the gospel." 

2 Timothy 1:8-10

No comments:

Post a Comment